Thursday, November 13, 2014

love/hate relationship

Are you ever doing something and all the sudden you have a flashback to your childhood? I had one of those recently. It was one of those little things which makes it all the more special. With my dad being from Montana, every winter as a family, we would drive from Southern California to the tip of Montana. Looking back, those were by far the most divine vacations. Now that I live here (in the place I use to vacation), I get to enjoy the little things almost daily.

Anyway, so back to the flashback thing I was talking about. Sunday it snowed. And man did it get cold. I knew it was happening. We actually had a fall. Usually it's "summer" and then one day you wake up with 8 inches of snow on the ground (or so I've been told). With a warm fall, I knew winter was coming in full blast. It's currently 6 degrees outside. Brr. Monday morning I walked out to start my car, usually 10 minutes before I had to leave (like my dad taught me). And right away, I slipped on ice and caught myself on my car door handle. Probably a moment of hilarity had you been watching me. But boy, did it hurt as I collided against my door and banged my shin against the side-step. It reminded me of all the times my dad would say, "careful, the roads are slick as snot". And I avoided texting him about that moment because I knew that would be the first thing he would say to me.

So there you have it folks! If you're in harsh weather, be safe. If you're like me, go get a Starbucks drink and curl up and watch a movie, or study for a test, whatever. But enjoy it and be safe!!





No comments:

Post a Comment