Thursday, November 1, 2012

The night of pumpkin seeds, messy hands and sugar hangover.

I wasn't able to spend Halloween with my family this year but I did happen to spend it with Fireman Owen, a turtle, superman and super girl! Some of the cutest kids ever. We packed some jellybeans and after an eventful day of the pumpkin patch, we loaded our pumpkins and headed back to carve and watch a Chargers game.

Yesterday, I worked and then came back to BOO-ritos (haha, I'm so clever), and cute kid smiles eager to trick-or-treat. I myself did not go out with everyone, I stayed back and passed out candy and studied for a PSYC test that I had the next day (I'm in college people, I have to be responsible every now and then ;). So anyway, I passed out candy and snacked on a few pieces myself. 

I saved all the chocolate for me! :)

Later that evening when the kids came back, they sorted candy and ate each other's while the adults tried to hide the candy buckets. They said, "out of sight, out of mind, right?" 

No. Wrong.  Kids don't forget candy, who are they kidding? They let the kids indulge themselves because they worked hard for it. 

Plus of the night- I got to hold my newborn cousin, Dylan Roy who was born the day before my birthday, October 7. 

Sidenote: I talked to my dad yesterday and his plan was to "turn off all the lights and go to bed early".
Let it be known: 1) My dad is an old man and likes his rest , and 2) My father is the Halloween Grinch folks.

Hope you had a safe and eventful Halloween!
Pumpkin Patch bound! 






The kids with Chantal.

Superman with his loot
Dylan Roy- sorry for the awful quality!



No comments:

Post a Comment