Sunday, March 10, 2013

Bliss, good tidins' and Montana!

Having practically been raised in Montana, this trip was just what I needed. Overwhelmed with school and work and life, going to Montana during the winter and snow and slush was just perfect.

I knew this trip would be bittersweet for many different reasons. One, I miss my grandpa more than ever right now for some reason. And being at my grandparents house with his empty lounge chair and gigantic bible next to it, is just so hard to see. And two, my momma couldn't go because her mom was in the hospital and she flew out to Oklahoma to see her so we wouldn't be able to spend Christmas together. I had enough time off of work though to spend time with her.

Anyway, on a lighter note- I had about 5 weeks off of school and my boss was so generous enough to give me two weeks off, and so I left! I threw clothes in a bag and left. We packed my dog (which he was high maintenance about his space in the back) and took off one afternoon. 

We drove through Las Vegas and made it to Cedar City (pronounced Chedder City on behalf of my younger brother when he was little) for the night. From there we left the next morning at about 6:00 so Caily could see  the sun rise. She had this novel idea to do a 2012 Bucket List and waited until the last minute in December to watch a sunrise. Seriously? She got us all up for this. I hate being woke up- let alone by those stupid people at the front desk calling on the phone to wake you up. Who invented that anyway? I wanted to see the sun rise anyway but I couldn't wait to go back to sleep in the car. We were on the road for fifteen minutes and after we pulled over to watch the sunrise, my dad got gas and said "Okay, Kelsey's gonna drive." Excuse me? My objection was overruled and I was put in the driver's seat and I drove for 3 hours while everyone else slept. Needless to say, the view was gorgeous and I was no longer so bitter. 

We made it to my grandmas and spent  a few days with her and then off we went to Big Sky, Montana to this adorable little cabin nestled against this canyon where the snow fell beautifully and the view was indescribable. 

It's hard to leave that place. It's therapy for my soul and boggles my mind as to why my parents settled in the desert of California but whatevs. So thankful that I have that place to go and it has given me some of my best memories throughout my childhood. 

Taking off.  Note the excessive room Sparky has.



Cracker Barrel at 10 at night. 



The glorious sign!



Word to your mother


When you're 12 and carve your name in a bathroom stall in the restaurant
you use to eat at all the time and go back years late
and can still find it. 



We rarely get along- but when we do you can find us on the same couch.

Love this weather



Hi daddy! I see you!

Gramps' gun

Christmas meal. And if course, he has to be in the center of it all.

New baby Tavyn

My mega-sweet brother took his sisters out to lunch.
Seriously the cutest!

Note his bitterness on how much room he doesn't have. 
Hotel mobbin'



When fools steal your snowboarding gear so you have to make do
with snowmobiling clothes.


Me: Grandma look we're thuggin'!
Grandma: What?! Did you say "thuggin" or  "druggin"


Don't mind if we do.

Such a stud my brother is

Cousins.


No comments:

Post a Comment